Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Make sure you analyse the question well and paraphrase it in then the introduction. This sort of question asks in regards to the advantages and disadvantages and a significant word here is outweigh“ that is“. The question asks if advantages are stronger than the disadvantages so you have to give your opinion here.
Some students just write on the benefits only but that is a approach that is wrong you can lose marks. The essay needs to have balance. The initial body paragraph could be concerning the upside while the second body paragraph may be in regards to the downsides along with your opinion throughout the essay that is whole.
A lot of students fail to give their opinion in this sort of essay, or even they simply give their opinion briefly when you look at the conclusion. Your position should be clear for the essay.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. Write your opinion into the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion in the introduction, main body and also the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples through the entire essay but be careful of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it it is simple and try not to overly complicate it. 4. Be sure the essay is balanced, not only currently talking about advantages only.
Listed here are 2 structures that are possible this sort of task:
Note: Structures are simply ideas to help you plan out your essay, there isn’t any special magic structure that will allow you to get a Band 7, there are numerous ways to structure an essay.
Some people believe that consumption tax on food products is a good method to raise revenue for the government.
Talk about the pros and cons of the policy
This sort of essay will not ask for the opinion, it really is similar to a discussion essay so that you need certainly to talk about advantages and disadvantages, you can see that the question will not ask : would you think…? or would you agree or disagree…? / What is the opinion ? Which means this is not asking a opinion that is direct.
First analyse the question and then paraphrase it. The essay has to just be well balanced like in example 1 with explanations regarding how its an edge or disadvantage. Don’t just talk about advantages, give both sides in the essay. In conclusion is just a listing of the true points that you built in the body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one illustration of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that give one of these of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Try not to give your personal opinion due to the fact question does not ask for this. 4. Give good examples for the essay but be careful of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it it is simple, be careful about giving too many examples too. 5. Be sure the essay is balanced, not merely currently talking about advantages only.
The following is a structure that is good this type of task:
These days with advances in technology increasing numbers of people will work from home.
Discuss the pros and cons with this and give your personal opinion
This essay type is quite similar to example 1, here you need to give your opinion and discuss the pros and cons, the difference that is main to example 1 is the fact that it will not mention the word outweigh. The thing that is main watch out for may be the words Discuss and provide your own opinion. Exactly like in example 1 you’ll want to paraphrase the question, give a approach that is balanced the primary body paragraphs and present your opinion within the introduction and again when you look at the conclusion.
The examiner needs to visit your opinion for the whole essay.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. 2. Give one example of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that give an example of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion into the introduction, main body additionally the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples into the essay but be mindful of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it it is simple. 5. make certain the essay is balanced, not merely writing about advantages only.
What structure do I need to use?
Structures are only guidelines to help you plan your essay out , there’s no special magic structure that will allow you to get a high score. I will suggest 2 body paragraphs with this types of essay but you can use 3 body that is main if you wish, a maximum of that.
- In main body paragraph 1 you can talk about a plus and explain it further, always make sure to give a good example https://essay-writing.org of the advantage. If possible write about the outcome associated with advantage. Main body 2 is similar, come up with one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You must give your opinion in the introduction if the relevant question asks for your opinion. You can use the main body paragraphs to back up your opinion. You really need to rephrase your view within the conclusion also.
A key point to remember. Try not to give a lot of examples or you may go off track, stick to one advantage and one disadvantage and write about those. You haven’t got time to get into a lot of detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too information that is much.
Plan your essay well, put aside ten minutes planning time, think of at least one supporting point for your topic sentence in each body paragraph that is main.