Thoughts to Ponder
1. Courage is not limited to the battlefield or the Indy 500 or bravely catching a thief in your house. The real tests of courage are much quieter. They are the inner tests, like remaining faithful when nobody’s looking, like enduring pain when the room is empty, like standing alone when you’re misunderstood.
2. “He who can suppress a moment’s anger may prevent a day of sorrow”.
3. “It is impossible to push yourself ahead by patting yourself on the back”.
4. “The big jobs of tomorrow are for the man who is doing today’s small jobs as best he can”.
A Christian is: A mind through which Christ thinks. A heart through which Christ loves. A voice through which Christ speaks. A hand through which Christ helps.
When the offering was taken for missions, one man shook his head and whispered, “I never give to missions.” The usher said, “Then, take some out. The money is for the heathen.”
7. The basis of friendship is forgetting what you give and remembering what you receive.
8. “Time spent in pitying one-self is worse than wasted.”
9. The pastor is so ignorant, he can’t spell SUCCESS without U.
10. People cannot change truth, but truth can change people.
11. Some Christians are not only like salt that has lost its savor, but like pepper that has lost its pep.
12. Speaking kindly never hurt anyone.
13. A chip on the shoulder indicates there is wood higher up.
14. Lord, when we are wrong, make us willing to change. And when we are right, make us easy to live with.
15. True Christianity is love in action.
16. Fewer marriages would skid, if more who said, “I do…did.”
17. It is easy to excuse yourself to hell, but you cannot excuse yourself to heaven.
18. Christians may not always see eye to eye, but they can walk arm in arm.
19. Happiness arises as a byproduct of our getting absorbed in something worthwhile outside ourselves.
20. No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind.
21. GOOD PRAYER:“Lord, I surrender myself totally to you. Please see what you can do with me. AMEN.”
22. The measure of a man’s character is what he would do if he would never be found out.
23. Prayer changes the way we look at the world around us.
24. It has been said that when we play football, we want to make a touchdown; when we play baseball we want to hit a home-run; when we play basketball we want to be high scorer. But on the Lord’s Team, we don’t even want to practice.
25. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
26. If you must slander someone, do not speak it; write it in the sand near the water’s edge.
27. A revival of Christian spirit among church members would solve many church problems!
28. Our spiritual life is God’s affair… it is really produced by His steady attraction and our humble and self forgetful response to it. It consists in being drawn, at His pace and in His way, to the place where He wants us to be; not the place we fancied ourselves.
29. To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
30. Jesus Christ is the condescension of divinity and the exaltation of humanity.
31. God doesn’t promise a calm passage, but a safe landing.
32. The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
33. Happiness is an inside job.
34. To hatch despair, simply brood over your troubles.
35. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; Professionals built the TITANIC!
36. Life is a one-way street and we are not coming back!
37. If you think you are to small to do a big thing, try doing small things in a big way.
38. God is not greater if you reverence him, but you are greater if you serve him.
39. If you don’t enjoy what you have now, how could you be happier with more?
40. Words break no bones, but they do break hearts.
41. Do not pray the Lord to use you, but pray that He will make you usable.
42. The more we count the blessings we have, the less we crave the luxuries we don’t have.
43. Morality, like art, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
44. A cold church, like cold butter, never spreads well.
45. God’s word makes a sinner sad, a Christian glad, and a hypocrite mad.
46. Christians need the sensitivity of a stethoscope, the stability of a gyroscope and the vision of a telescope.
47. Those who stare up to admire their own halo are apt to create nothing more than a pain in the neck–somebody else’s as well as their own.
48. Prayer should be the key to the day and the lock of the night.
49. Spiritual food is needed in hot weather as well as in cool. Don’t be discouraged by failure or satisfied with success. A halfhearted Christian is half a Christian.
50. God has a work to do with us that will not be done without us. The well of Providence runs deep; it’s the buckets that we bring to it that are small.